Thursday, July 10, 2014

Challah of a different sort, with a little summer flare

Summer Pesto Gruyere stuffed challah
Of all the bakeries and grocery stores I've ever been to – and I've visited my fair share both at home and abroad – I've never seen a stuffed challah sold anywhere other than in Israel.

Of course, if you're making challah at home, you can toss all sorts of ingredients inside the braided or knotted dough, or you can embellish the outside of your loaf with cinnamon sugar, chocolate chips, etc.

But here in Toronto, I can't say I've ever seen a store be so bold as to sell artisan-like offerings such as Summer Pesto Gruyere stuffed Challah, as featured by My Jewish Leaning's The Nosher blog.

Feel free to share your filling ideas for a most delectable Shabbat challah here, and enjoy!

No comments: